Friday, January 29, 2010

One of the difficulties involved in working with faux leather and suede is the issue of the edges. With actual leather, you just bevel the edges and you're done with it. With faux, it's rarely thick enough to allow you to get away with that, you wouldn't have a workable piece, and you obviously can't just bevel what is, often, a woven material. It frays and looks all weird and you just end up with a big mess.
I often sit around deliberating these types of quandaries, does it make me the most exciting person to spend time with? No, but it does sometimes provide me with flashes of inspiration. Like today, I figured it out and honestly, I'm feeling quite smug about it. And also stupid, in equal amounts because it is so simple. I've long since solved all my belt making troubles, but I was having an issue with smaller pieces, like you would use for wrist bands or sections for a high collar. Now these little pieces are my bitches. I emerge victorious.
Speaking of high collars, have you been watching Legend of the Seeker? It has some pretty incredible costumes, and obviously the best is that of the Mord'Sith. Skin tight, blood red leather with straps and buckles and a weird dildo that you use to inflict untold pain on your victims? What could be wrong with that?




2 comments:

  1. SEEKER MCSEXIPANTS! HOTTIE MCSUPERABS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can always count on you to cut out the bullshit and go straight to what's important Joy! haha

    ReplyDelete